Traffic Patrol Requests

patrol car off to the side of the road monitoring traffic in a business district

Residents and Business owners may request additional or specific requests for traffic enforcement and patrol. The most common reasons for these requests are speeding, running stop signs and running red lights. 

Residents may also request these traffic related patrols when there are parking complaints such as people blocking driveways and sidewalks on a regular basis. If there is an immediate need to address a parking issue, please call the Police Department at (941) 721-2000 to request an Officer to respond.

There are no guarantees for how much time Officers will be able to spend conducting these extra patrols because calls for service take priority.

Citizen Request for Traffic Patrol