Palmetto Toilet Rebate Program
The City of Palmetto toilet rebate program is intended to reduce the amount of potable (drinking) water used for flushing toilets. This program offers a financial incentive in the form of a rebate for purchasing a new, lower gallon per flush toilet.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
You may be eligible for a rebate of up to $100 per toilet (limit 2 toilets per property) if you:
* Are replacing a toilet that was installed prior to 1995 (3.5 gallons per flush or higher)
* Receive your water from the City of Palmetto Water Department.
* Must purchase new toilet after October 1, 2019.
HOW DO I APPLY FOR A TOILET REBATE?
Single-family, multi-family or commercial customers may apply by
Phone: (941) 417-2890
Application and related forms are on the right sidebar.
All toilets for which rebates are applied must be verified by an on-site confirmation that a new high efficiency toilet (HET)1.28 GPF (Gallons per Flush) or less toilet for residential accounts or a new ultra-low flow toilet (ULFT) 1.6 GPF or less for commercial accounts has been installed and is replacing a 3.5 GPF or greater toilet.
Do not dispose of the old toilet prior to verification.
Free curbside pickup of the old high-flow
toilet is available when placed curbside on your normal garbage
This program is cooperatively funded by the City of Palmetto and SWFWMD. For more information on the toilet rebate program, call the City’s Toilet Rebate hotline at (941) 417-2890.
CUSTOMER TOILET REBATE PROCESS
1. Fill out an application on-line or print an application from the sidebar above and mail it to City Hall, 516 8th Avenue West, Palmetto, FL 34221.
2. Verify the toilet to be replaced is a high-flow (3.5 gallons per flush) toilet installed prior to 1995, and the new low-flow (1.28 gallons per flush) toilet is purchased after October 1, 2019.
3. Submit the completed application to City Hall and staff will contact you to schedule an installation verification appointment.
4. After City staff has verified the installation of a new low-flow toilet, the rebate will be processed and within 4-6 weeks, a check up to $100 per toilet will be mailed directly to the address on the customer's application.
5. Staff will bring a free water conservation kit* for the customer and a survey to be returned to City Hall. The City of Palmetto and Southwest Florida Water Management District (SWFWMD) are co-sponsoring this program, and they are interested in your feedback.
*Kit includes: shower head, faucet aerator, garden hose sprayer, rain gauge, dye pack, brochure, and water-flow testing bag.
Contact Penny Johnston at (941) 417-2890 for additional information about the Toilet Rebate Program for the City of Palmetto and SWFWMD.